Outline & Course Description: PRP/PRF TRAINING included in Therapeutic & Aesthetic Botox-Dermal Fillers-TMJ / TMD
Hands-On Training in Medical and Aesthetic Applications for PRP and PRF
PRP treatment can be the ideal complement to other aesthetic injectable
procedures, including Botulinum Toxin-A and dermal fillers.
During a PRP procedure, the patient’s blood is separated via a variety of
techniques, which extract a concentration of autologous platelets. When
activated, these platelets release adhesive glycoproteins as well as growth
factors, which form a fibrin mesh beneath the tissue.
The growth factors that are released when the concentrated autologous
platelets are activated in the soft tissue include:
- Connective tissue growth factor
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β)
- Insulin-like growth factor – I & II (ILGF)
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF)
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)
- Keratinocyte growth factor
- Fibroblast growth factor
When these growth factors and proteins bind with the cellular receptors of
skin tissue at the injection point, they trigger a variety of inter cellular
events that help mediate:
- Production of extracellular matrix proteins
- Migration of stem cells to injection area
- New cell proliferation
This growth, as well as tissue repair, will continue up to five weeks after the
patient receives injections. This results in the promotion of local tissue
growth and permanent repair of damaged tissue.
This comprehensive course will cover the component factors of platelet-rich
plasma as well as the two FDA-approved PRP/PRF preparation processes
and re-injection techniques and protocols.
Clinically, PRP has been used by oral surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and
plastic surgeons for over 15 years. Platelet-rich plasma procedures have also
received considerable attention in the popular media because of their use in
treating sports injuries in professional athletes.
Advanced Dental Institute has included this PRP/PRF Training into it’s
Therapeutic & Aesthetic Botox-Dermal Fillers-TMJ course. This training
will provides hands-on training through live demonstrations on patients for
aesthetic uses. 28 ceu
Thoroughly understand and become proficient in the following areas:
1. Learn about the specific types of wrinkles, tissue damage,
aesthetic enhancements, and pain areas that can be improved using
available PRP technology and appropriate injection techniques.
2. Understand the various FDA-approved protocols associated with
PRP/PRF therapy, including recommended indications, dosing, areas
for treatment, in combination with other tissue augmentation
3. Acquire the technical skill to perform the various types of injections
for the face, neck, décolleté, and hands.
4. Understand treatment pros and cons and learn when to use PRP/PRF
therapy with your patients.